Monday, December 14, 2009
Crazy and dope.
Downright stinkin fun...
outta the park Home run!
Those are only a few of the words that come to mind for what went on this weekend. After 12 months of planning...
WE BLEW IT UP!
Haven't had this much fun since Charlie and Jessica's wedding!
In fact I had so much fun I didn't take any pictures. But I'll put some up as soon as I can get some from my sister-in-law. And the professional ones should be ready soon. But until then....
Here's a sneak peak of the wedding and the bridal photos from the amazing photographer Tara Swain. Click here.
(Take a deep breath...you're fixing to lose it!)
I'll be back when my heart stops dancing long enough to type!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
So much has happened....where do I begin?
How about Highlights to start with.......
Well.... starting where I left off around the middle of August.....
1. We had a great party for Mr. Hero's Office Celebrating 30 Years in Dentristry. It was like Christmas in August...all the kids were here (including Kountry), there was great food, fun, friends, presents, and dancing! I'll be sharing photos, recipes, and the story of how we ended up in this town 30 years ago.
2. Another party the end of August...this time a "Honey Do" Shower for some sweet friends of ours from church that got married in September.
3. Labor Day with the future In-Laws...we had a great time relaxing and enjoying all the family.
4. September 25th ....while lots of you were boot-scootin through the antique shows in Texas, Mr. Hero and I were celebrating 33 years of married bliss in Santa Fe, NM. Got a few photos and a few stories to tell you.
5. October rolls around with rain, rain, and more rain. Had a leak and had to pull carpet from 2 rooms. Still have concrete floors .... waiting to see if the leak is fixed.
6. This past weekend was our first Fall Round-Up at the Lake. What do you call it when you add 20 of your kids friends (age 25-30) plus a few others, a perfect fall day, roasting weenies over a bonfire, s'mores, carmel apples, pumpkin squares, hay ride, dancing under the stars, and a much loved grandbaby?
Bliss....Blessed Bliss! We had a ball and I have some awesome photos to share cause one of the girls is a photographer!! She captured the perfect day perfectly! (And 10 of them spent the night!)
7. The Wedding .....is fast approaching and we've been really busy with stuff! Got lots of neat things to share! The kids did their engagement photos with Tara Swain several weeks ago and they are amazing! She had them looking like fashion models! Hope to be able to share a few of those... The Bride has her bridals with Tara this week but we can't show you those until after the wedding! We've been working on the invites...which I hope I can reveal next week...they are just too stinkin cute!
8. P-90X....Yes, Mr. Hero and I have been doing the mother of all work-outs for the past 2 months...6-7 days a week. Starting to see finally some results on me....a few inches...a few pounds. (Mr. Hero's lookin might fine tho!) It has been taking up a lot of our evening time...and we've been staying at the lakehouse which has no internet. Another reason for no blogging.
9. Miss Bella.....has grown up the past 2 months! She has spent the night with us several times. I've got lots of photos. She's now 5 months old and is just a cutie patootie! I just love it when she giggles! She seems to think I'm funny! Imagine that! I will do a whole post of Bella photos.
So, my friends, I'm sorry I have been so absent from the blogging world...I've tried to keep track of what you all were doing but I haven't had much time to comment. I'll do better....I promise. I know how much comments mean. It may be after the wedding before I'm back in the swing of things full time. But I'm back.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Kountry is our daughter (real name ...Amanda) who lives in LA. (As in California not New Orleans.) 1526 miles from her mama! The last time she was home was in May for Miss Bella's baby shower.
I had been wanting her to come for a visit and to see the baby. And I really wanted her to come home for this weekend because we are having a celebration in the form of a PARTY ......for Mr. Hero and his office crew. He has been practicing dentistry for 30 years this month and that calls for a PARTY! PARTY at the Lakehouse! The rest of the family was coming and I wanted Kountry here too. Also, Miss Bella is getting "Blessed and Dedicated" this Sunday at Family Life Church and Aunt Kountry needed to be here. Well...She kept telling me she was too busy.
SURPRISE......We picked her up at the airport! No, she didn't get off the plane looking quite like the above photo...(that was taken at her class reunion last fall) but she looked pretty good to me!
So I got a surprise tonight and we've got a great family weekend planned.
It doesn't get any better than this!
Thank You Jesus!
And Thank You Mr. Hero!
You are the best!
"Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Hoping you have a wonderful weekend also!
From my delighted heart to yours!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Don't know why they always spell in front of me. Guess they know I will have to be there.
And if I don't get what I want I put this face on right before I open my mouth and make a LOUD noise. That results in me getting picked up and put on the nearest shoulder. The view is so much better from up here. You might want to try it when you get home. I'll guarantee it to work!
But really girlfriend.....I am so ready for that party...in fact I'm already in my car seat. Which I normally make that LOUD sound when they put me in this thing but Kay-Kay is sitting back here entertaining me till we get there.
And while you are waiting for the party to begin you might want to look at the photo shoot I did with Miss Tara Swain....yeah I know I was just a little baby then but Kay-Kay has been too busy to post the pics. Miss Tara did an awesome job...she even did a music video slideshow! Turn your speakers on and watch it....It made Kay-Kay cry! You can see it all here.
And then you must come back and see the post Kay-Kay did last night about the wedding and all the fun they had at the after party which I slept through! Yes ...I think I got the party gene too! Been known to pull an all nighter once or twice myself!
Monday, July 27, 2009
on our Texas backyard....
we lit the lanterns and the lights....
and a magical kind of glow descended over all.
The party was about to begin.....
(Turn your speakers on for a little Texas dance music!)
It was really too dark for photos
Here's the head table the next morning.
The food was served right behind the drink table.
Cut flowers wouldn't have made it!
A little two steppin'.....
Yes ....I'm wearing boots with my sundress!
Was going to wear my cowboy hat but my hair
looked too good that night to cover it up!
You have to have a good hair night when your hair stylist is coming over!
(Plus it was too hot!)
We had a blast!
And I tell you...that boy can dance!
(He got the rhythm gene from that blond he's dancing with!)
Soon the bride and groom made their
departure through a sea of sparklers....
missed that shot too...
I was rocking Miss Bella to sleep!
Now it's time for the RELIEF party to begin!
Crank up that music Erik...
Let's rock the neighborhood!
Somebody call 9-1-1!!!!
That was the chorus to one of the songs....
And we all jumped up and down!
Both of my boys getting their bounce on!
Charlie persuading his wife to dance....
Charlie breaking it down!
PS. Now it's time to get to work on this next wedding.....
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
The wedding's over.
They are not my kids.
This is not my son's wedding.
That wedding happens in December.
This is Miss Bella's Aunt who married Miss Bella's Daddy's Best Friend.
Last winter they were looking for a place to get married. They wanted it outdoors.
We offered them our yard at the lakehouse.
(This is where we will be moving when our house in town sells.)
We thought we'd just spruce up the yard a little.
Well, one thing led to another (kinda like when you paint a room).
It started out with a sprinkler system...yards and yards of dirt....12 pallets of grass....
then outdoor lights....then flowerbeds and flowers....the country garden....
flagstone steps and walkway....lights strung on poles around the deck.....
removing the dogpen and cleaning the concrete pad....flowers in pots....
and finding cool rustic furniture for the deck the day before the wedding!
All this took place on the weekends starting the first of April!
I'd say about 3 years worth of yard projects in 3 months!
And that's not even counting the "wedding projects".....
most of those got done the week of the wedding!
Oh and did I mention the heat?
By June we're working in 100+ degree weather!
But it was worth it.....I love my yard now!
And I can finally type again...
after having some carpel tunnel issues the week after the wedding.
The folowing photos are ones I snapped when I thought of it.
The guests made their way through this opening
Walking into the Country Garden....
That's the deck in the background.
the sunflower came up voluntary from birdseed!
Walking towards the lake the guests left their gifts in a vintage red wheelbarrow
All the tables were set on the left.
Then the Wedding Party climbed onto a flatbed trailer
(The girl's dresses were a pretty mocha color.)
The Groom and the Preacher drove the Rhino.
The photog was trying to get lots of shots.
Here she jumped on the wagon and road down the hill with the wedding party .....
Here's the flowergirl and ringbearer just about to go down the aisle.
And planted the yellow black-eyed susans
They made their way down the hill to the tune
To about 65 waiting guests.
And a prayer......
They became Mr. and Mrs.!