Monday, December 8, 2008

"If at first you don't succeed...."



Yes. I'm. Back.

I'm back ready to try again. To try to figure this out. It can't be as hard as I've been trying to make it. I know if ya'll can do this then I can too! (It's the picture thing that has had me baffled. This isn't where I wanted the pic to go!) Anyway, I'm ready to try again.

Soooooo much has happened the past 3 months... I've now got bunches to write about! My heart has just about been burstin wanting to write about all our doings but first let me tell you about today................

This is me and my mom... we call her Meme.
She always said "Try it again."

Two years ago today......
Meme went home.
To her eternal home.....heaven.


She is now alive and partying with Jesus and my dad (who went home 22 years ago).
At 85 years young, she had lived a wonderful life and spent her last 15 years living here in town watching her grandkids grow up. But she had gotten very sick and her "shell" had worn out. She was ready to go. I only thought I was ready to let her go. There was so much more I wish I could have told her. And so much more she needed to tell me....like who are all those people in those photos I found in the box in the garage???????? Really Mom, I wish you had written names on the backs of those photos! :-) Seriously, my mom was the greatest______. Just fill in the blank ...she could do it all...sew, cook, clean, knit and crochet, garden, but best of all......she loved us. And she always wanted us to succeed....just try again she'd say.
A mother's love.....it was what she did best.

Mom..........I hope I grow up to be just like you. I love and miss you ........thanks for everything! (And yes, I'm still trying! )


As I've been writing this, I've realized one of the things I miss is not being able to share with her what's on my heart .......we were always on the phone having a "little visit" about what was going on and if not on the phone then in person as she lived next door to us for many years. So .....as I write this blog, I think I'll just ask Jesus if He'll let her read it from heaven.....and this will be my "little visit" with her everyday just like it's my "little visit" with you!

Blessings from my heart to yours!

Patti

p.s. If you are reading this and don't know if heaven is your eternal home ....you can be sure, it's really very simple. Just have a "little visit" with Jesus.....

1. Acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of a savior. Romans 3:23
2. Believe in your heart that He died for your sins, was raised on the third day and later ascended to heaven. Romans 6:23
3. Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. Romans 10:9

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your love for me and for Your gift of Your Son Jesus to die for all who Have sinned. I now turn to You, to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior. I ask You to forgive me of my sins and give me eternal life. And I pray, dear God, that You will lead me in Your way as I seek Your will for my life. In Jesus name, Amen.

Your eternal address is now heaven. Woo-Hoo!
Jesus loves you!

Meme will be proud.

(If you just prayed this prayer for the first time or just renewed your faith, please leave me a comment with your email....I'd love to talk with you!)

1 comment:

sparkled*life said...

Patti there is so much of you that is your mom! I see it all of the time! She shines through your eyes and all that you do all of the time! What a great legacy she left! I love the blog keep it up I love hearing what you have to say!