Sunday, February 15, 2009

Delighted Hearts and Flowers

Saturday morning I was in my closet finishing up dressing when Mr. Hero walked in with these beautiful red roses and the sweetest card. "Will you be my Valentine?" he asked very sweetly.
"Forever." I answered. Isn't it wonderful when your sweetheart of 32 years still likes to be romantic on Valentine's Day? Actually we've been married 32 years but have been sweetheart for 37! Yeah.... we started dating at a very young age....in Kindergarten!
The roses didn't quite look like this when he handed them to me...no, they were loose in one of those celophane sleeves. But I didn't mind....thats the way I like my flowers ....loose! That way I get to play with them and he gets to save a little change! They found their way into this contemporary rectangle vase ...$3.00 from Goodwill!

Then they found their way to a little white table in our bedroom. I like the look of the old alabaster lamp next to the modern look of the roses in the vase. Just the right touch of romance!


I made these two little hearts last week out of sweater scraps (remember the sweater wreath?). Each little heart looks great by itself but when you put them side by side you can see the thread that comes from above and goes through the hearts and connects them. It's the love coming down from the Lord above that connect us and together we become a 3-fold cord, the strength of which cannot be broken.


So.........Mr. Hero....thank you for the roses....thank you for the card....thank you for the romance....but most of all thank you for the past 37 years of loving me. You are not just Mr. Hero to me but you are My Hero....always have been, always will be. Here's to the next 37 years! I love you!


From my Delighted Heart to yours....
Hoping you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, too!
Patti
Ps.....Don't forget about my little give-a-way on Monday night at midnight! Leave me a comment if you are interesting in winning a copy of this awesome book....Destined To Reign by Joseph Prince. It will change the way you look at life....Really! I blogged about it here. And if you want another chance at winning this book...go over to and leave Crystal at Sparkled*Life a comment...she's giving it away also!







11 comments:

trash talk said...

I feel kind of like a peeping Tom! What a lovely tribute to your main squeeze(or should I say ONLY!).
Your commitment to one another spills over into your life. Your heart, sweetie, shows on your face and your eyes! Debbie

sparkled*life said...

Isn't it good to not just be married but to be so in love with the one you are married to? There is such a big difference! God is sooooo goood! We are blessed my friend!

Jacque said...

I am always looking to read new inspiring words, I will right it down, but wait to buy it, I might get lucky! Thanks ~ Jacque

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Those are beautiful roses! My hubby forgot my Valentine's card & candy at work (1 hour away) I forgave him though..he's been under so much stress due to lack of work. We had a nice Valentine's anyway. Our 21st anniversary is coming up soon (feb. 27th) and then my birthday 1 week later so he has alot to remember!

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful! I Love romance! I Love it when I receive gestures of Love from the one that I Love!

BLESSINGS!
Sylvia Ramos

(P.S. I got CHOCOLATE!)

Coleen said...

ahh....romance!!! isn't it lovely to be so loved!!! The Beach Boys music is awesome...my Motorcyle Man and I saw them recently in concert...what a show they put on! We are going to see The Little River Band this weekend..remember them??

Aunt Ruthie said...

Oh Miss Patti, I LOVE that you call your hubby Mr. Hero!! I might have to copy you and call my husband that...what a way to build up our man! The flowers are gorgeous! He did good!
Yes!! Add me to the drawing for that book! I love to read change-your-life books! I am going to go read the post-link you gave where you talk about it...I am so curious! I must have missed that post! Some days I just can't get to the computer! I hope you are doing good...it's always so wonderful to hear from you! You are a blessing!
Love ya! Ruthann

savvycityfarmer said...

I LOVE Jospeh Prince...have you heard his message about the 23rd Psalm? The best ever!!!!

throw me in the hat...ha

Pam @ Frippery said...

Thanks for your kind comment. I will at least have a little bit of Texas in Ohio when I wear my necklace. What a lovely Valentines Day with your Sweetheart. My Hubby and I dated a long time before marrying as well. I think really knowing the person you love helps so much in making a marriage last. What a generous give away too. Pam

Mindy said...

Beautiful. Congrats on having the love of your life. What a blessing! ~Mindy

Karma Marsh said...

Interesting reead