Sunday, April 26, 2009

27 Days and Counting!

We are entering the home stretch with this baby thing! And that means I've been busy! Bella will be here in less than 4 weeks. The mommy-to-be wanted the nursery painted pink so pink is what she got. Bella Pink! Yes.... Sherwin Williams has a pink named Bella! I painted with their Harmony Brand paint...very green...no fumes!

And since I'm vertically challenged I spent a lot of time on this....

Pushed stuff to the middle of the room ...covered with plastic and proceeded to make a mess!



Almost finished with the first coat....yes it did take 2 coats...Can you say cotton candy? Yes I was craving cotton candy by the end of the day.
Mr. Hero and I hung curtains on Saturday and set up the bedding. We still have stuff to hang on the walls and the carpets are being cleaned this week....so no big reveal yet!






This is what I worked on this afternoon....

Shower Invitations!
Bella's Aunt Kountry and Aunt (to-be) Amanda
and I are hosting a shower in 2 weeks!
Kountry's coming in from California
for the shower on Mother's Day weekend!
So I was working on the invites this afternoon.....
I found the paper at Hobby Lobby last week.
And just printed them on my computer.
Found the cutest stamp to print on the back of the envelope.

You will hear more about the
great big blessing in the days ahead....


But the biggest blessing I got today was when
the kids surprised us by showing up at church!
My son is a welder and has been working 7 days a week
(we haven't seen him for a couple of months)
on a power shutdown and my daughter in law
goes to church at her family's church.
Charlie got the day off today and they surprised
us in church and for lunch.
There is nothing sweeter than to
have your kids sitting with you in church!
Thank you Jesus!
Isn't she the cutest thing!
The doctor told her last week the baby
weighs 6-6.5 pounds already!
Hopefully we'll get the shower in before Bella arrives!
Wouldn't that be cool if she arrived on Mother's Day!
All the family will be here...
Did you hear that Bella...let's make your debut on May 10!
(I still can't believe my baby
is going to be a daddy!)
What a great Sunday we had!
How was yours?
Blessings from my delighted and blessed heart to yours!
Patti








15 comments:

Hampton House said...

Sitting here with tears in my eyes.
What a wonderful gift God gives us when He gives our children a child.
How very exciting!
Gotta get that baby gift ordered today!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh another baby named Bella, how sweet. Congrats!!

Lisa said...

I am loving Bella's room! You did an amazing job on the shower invites. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Mother's Day. How cute would that be?

trash talk said...

FYI, my birthday is May 19 and I sure wouldn't mind another Bella as a present. Just a suggestion!
I love the invitations. Jenn is using pink & brown...aren't y'all too? May just have to go and pick up "Bella" pink paint.
This baby is already richer than most to have a grandmother like you waiting in the wings for her!
Do you mind me saying your son is one big "honkin" handsome guy? I know you are over the moon for him and your cute DIL. And the cherry on top? Well, your Kountry is coming home! Life just cannot get any sweeter, my friend!
Blessings,
XOXO
Debbie

Sue said...

What a Blissful state you are in! Gathering all your family around to celebrate Mother's day and a new blessing due to arrive soon. The pink paint looks perfect....I can't wait till you show us the finished nursery. We could have had a bella in our family....We have the Isabel but everyone calls her Izzy. It suits her better, she is a toot like her Mama, my little sis!
Blessings~LillySue

JUNK PALACE said...

A baby Bella would be the "Perfect" Mothers Day present. Do you think your daughter could do that little thing for you?
Lillie

Anonymous said...

Bella pink paint...how fun is that?! It's looking great (the nursery). Isn't it fun getting ready for Bella's arrival. What a blessing these grandbabies are!
marcie

Sue said...

Hi Debbie,
It was such a pleasure to read your post. The big day is coming soon! Our little "Morgan Clover" is due on June 2nd! Can't wait!!
Take care, Sue

Chik Nite said...

Yea! To the baby!!!! I am so excited for them and for you!!!

Crystal

Preemie Donna said...

Love the paint color name.. I will have to go check it out for my own little bella..

Tara Swain said...

I can not WAIT to meet Miss Bella! :)

Laura said...

Pretty pink paint. Fun times ahead!

Congratulations,

Laura
whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

How exciting! A new baby Bella. Good luck and congrats. Thanks so much for stopping by to see my Bella!

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

I can feel your excitement and joy as I read your blog!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see pics when she arrives! As for the painting, Great job, we repainted our entire house inside a year or so back, I had to do all the trim because I like it all nice and even...it took us 3 months!! Have a Great and Blessed weekend! Janna

Shonna said...

Hi Patti,
I came across your blog and I have so enjoyed reading about you and your sweet family..The pink color for your Bella is just the perfect pink..very yummy! I cant wait to see the room all done.Its nice to meet you...and yes...what a blessing to have your children sit with you in church :)~You are a woman after my own heart!! Blessing's Shonna XOXO