Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wedding Wednesday - LOVE WINS!

All day today I've been trying to decide what to share with you for Wedding Wednesday and then tonight I was alerted to this website by my sweet friend Angela over at Hampton-House. Cherry from Cherry's Creations has this awesome post up today. And I just HAVE to share it with you cause I think it totally ROCKS! I'll let her explain......




LOVE WINS





Cherry says.......

"The theme of our church for awhile now has been "Love Wins" and we are currently in the middle of a year long campaign "Nothing is too difficult for God". We've learned about about how no illness is too difficult for God to heal and we are currently learning about how no financial need is too great for God. This past Sunday's sermon was based around how God takes what we have and multiplies it when we follow through with what he leads us to do. The Sermon was titled "What's in Your House" based on the story of the widow woman who only had just a little bit of oil but began pouring it into other jars and the oil didn't run out until there were no jars left. 2 Kings 4:1-7
So, for the challenge, the pastor handed out a $1 bill to everyone in the congregation, ($150 in all) and challeged us to use our creativity to multiply it. Combining that with "what's in your house" I came up with these cute little Love Wins charms. They can be worn as a pendant on a cord, added to keyring or zipper pull, or worn as a charm on your sneakers, etc. We will be bringing our dollars and the sum of their multiplication back to the church on Sunday May 3rd. I am making these charms availible for a $2 donation, a small portion of that (about .60 to .75 cents) will cover the cost of mailing the charm and the rest will be donated to Christian Center. I can't wait to see what God turns $150 dollars into. I will be sure to share the news here.



Cherry also makes awesome jewelry...check out her Etsy shop!





Are these not the cutest....




and what a story you could tell to




someone who asks about it!




So...I know what you are thinking....

What does this have to do with Wedding Wednesday?



Well, as I was trying to decide which one and how many of the charms I wanted..... I had a major brainstorm. You know ...the kind where you want to jump up and down and tell someone!!! And Mr. Hero has already retired for the night so he will have to hear about it in the morning. But you my friends are hearing it FIRST! Can you guess what these have to do with a wedding?









Wedding Favors!





A lot of weddings these days give some kind of wedding favor to their guests. There are whole websites devoted to wedding favors. Candied almonds tied up with netting, candles, picture frames, bells, all kinds of little resin thingys that fit into your wedding "theme" which people probably just toss as soon as they get home. (Not showing photos here for a reason!) Then there's the DIY brides who do little boxes with cupcakes or cookies or wedding cake which I think is a little better favor cause it can be eaten.




I made jumbo chocolate chip cookies for Charlie and Jessica's wedding.
(300 on the day of the wedding!)
(And put in individual sacks.)

Yes...I was crazy but they are my signature.

And they will show up at the next wedding but....

we were thinking of a favor along these lines because of our

"Vintage Baseball" Theme Reception.


You know the tune...

Take Me Out To The Ballgame!

Peanuts and Cracker Jacks!



Now look at the little charms.....



See the one round one in the middle...


Doesn't it look like a little BASEBALL?


I can see it attached to the card on the popcorn and peanuts ....


OR


One of the ideas that keeps popping up on the wedding boards ... instead of favors couples are making a donation to their favorite charity in the guests' name and then handing out cards explaining the donation. No more broken teeth on those candied almonds! So how about a little "LOVE WINS" Charm attached to a card with the whole story on it? I'm lovin this! I can see the cutest cards...tented at each placesetting...even letterpressed for those that are blessed enough to afford it! Or Gocco'd or typed or even handwritten! And buying these charms would be a donation to Cherry's church and one of the best lessons I've learned in life is "You can't outgive God!" WooHoo!

I'm just loving the theme of Love Wins!

OMGosh ...

We may just have a title for our

Vintage Baseball Theme!

WooHoo!

I'm calling The Bride in the morning!


OR


I can also see the little charm attached to the


Save-The-Date Card


Which we are working on!


And I can't wait to show you our idea for it!


It's too stinkin cute!

You are gonna love it!


It's Vintage!


And Baseball!


WooHoo!


Now don't forget to go get you a charm or two from Cherry!

(I have a feeling she is going to be one busy lady!)

Cherry you ROCK for this awesome idea!

And what an awesome church and pastor you have!

I can't wait to see what Jesus does with this!

Love Not Only Wins...It Multiplies!

Thank You Jesus!

Blessings from my delighted heart to yours!

Patti

Update: Talked to Cherry this morning and she is making me a charm with stitching to really look like a baseball! How cute will that be! She has had a great response and is thinking of adding the charms to her Etsy shop. (I LOVE Etsy!) Her updated post on Love Wins is here.

11 comments:

Hampton House said...

You are just so wonderfully creative! I know when I see you at work with your creative juices flowing, I am getting a inkling of the joy that God must have had when he created the earth...and us!

I am so glad you are my sister!

Lisa said...

Love the party favor idea and loved the "Love Wins" story!

Bing ReMade said...

Oh thank you thank you thank you! I am overwhelmed by how good God is! What great ideas for the charms. Blessings to you!

Mindy said...

Patti, your enthusiasm is contagious! I love your ideas and the "Love Wins" story. I bet her $1 turns into a much larger amount! Great post! ~Mindy

Coleen said...

oh this is just to awesome...I got chills while reading your story.....this is a great idea that I will pass along...

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

trash talk said...

Her pastor is a very wise man. It looks like his seed money is going to produce a bumper crop and who knows....if it takes root and spreads! The Lord's storehouse will be very full indeed!
I think you have some wonderful ideas for these as favors. You are just the cutest ever. That wedding is going to be Fab U Lous.
I can't wait to see your baby shower ideas as well.
Debbie

Coleen said...

Hi Diane,
I sent you an email...hope you get it!!...the answer to your question on my blog is..yes!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Andrea said...

Hello. I enjoyed my visit. As I strolled through your place, I found one who loves the Lord and loves serving Him. Very inspiring.

Your blog is lovely. Thank you for your testimony and dedication to God. It sounds like you have an awesome church.

Many Blessings in Christ Jesus,

Andrea

sparkled*life said...

You are amazing with your creativity! I love you girl! And I love that love does always win!

:D

Debra said...

What a fantastic story! And such a great idea. When I planned my daughter's Bat Mitzvahs, we always enjoyed finding creative ways to give back to others in the process. It's much more meaningful to have a story about how you are helping someone else while making your event fun and beautiful. I love that!

And yes, I truly believe that in the end, love always wins.

So glad to know you are back, Patti! You are awesome.

Big hugs,
Debbie

Bing ReMade said...

Here is a snippet from my results blog.

"I sold a total of 38 charms and turned my $1 into $66 in the last 2 weeks. Yay, look at God go! Our church reported that out of the original $150, they passed out $108 total. The return Sunday morning was $746.22 ."

Thanks so much Patti!